Young Achiever Award (YAA) is one of the key programs for CIE/USA-DFW Chapter. YAA is designed to encourage the younger generation of CIE members to achieve high academic performance, develop leadership skills, foster strong interest in engineering and participate in extracurricular and volunteer activities to enable them to achieve the greatest possible impact in their communities. These well-rounded skills are intended to help them become better leaders in this very competitive global market place.
CIE was honored to have professionals from the industries to select our YAA winners. Twenty entries were received. Sixteen finalists were selected to receive the awards. All the winners were recognized to be truly outstanding based on their extraordinary achievements in academic performance, demonstration of exemplary leadership, and voluntarily involvement in community activities.
2013 winners included some of the following impressive accolades:
– Seven recipients have a class ranking of top 3 in their respective schools.
– Multiple recipients with perfect SAT scores in various subject tests
– Google Science Fair-Top15 Global Finalist
– Siemens Competition National Finalist
– Intel International Science and Engineer Fair finalist
– 1st place of Exxon Mobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair: Medicine and Health
– 2nd place Texas State Science Fair, Naval Science Award
– 3rd place National Broadcom Masters Science Competition
– 1st Grand Prize Dallas Regional Science Fair
– 3rd Place Special Award (Signal Process Engineering, TI) at Beal Bank DRSEF
– Co-author of scientific publication in The Journal of Biological Chemistry
– Co-author of scientific publication in Journal of Nano-medicine
– Research Assistant at UT Dallas in Nano Technology
– National Champion (1st Place) at World Affairs Council of America Academic WorldQuest
– Top 6 of TMEA All-State Symphony Orchestra
– American Mathematics Contest Top 1% Distinguished Honor Roll (38/73704 in Texas)
– Texas Math and Science Competition 1st place team
– Academic Decathlon State Competition Award
– 1st place Winner in Annual 7 Smoke Breakdance Competition
– AT&T Foundation Scholarship
– Completed 27 college credit hours with 4.0 GPA at the age of 13 years old
The committee chairman of the program is Mr. Wang LI from Texas Instruments. The major sponsors of the CIE 2013 YAA were Diodes, AT&T, Lockheed Martin, Texas Instruments, and Oncor. YAA trophies and scholarship are to be presented to the winners during the evening banquet of the CIE Annual Convention on Saturday, August 10th at Hyatt Regency North Dallas Hotel in Richardson, Texas.