Chinese Institute of Engineers/USA-Dallas Fort-Worth Chapter and Shanghai Jiao Tong University DFW Alumni Association are jointly sponsoring the business forum to connect DFW startups with the engineers community. We hope to introduce some opportunities you can do in your spare time:
- Leverage your technical skills to help a startup, and earn extra money or equity
- Work on leading edge technologies not available from your regular job
- Try an alternative career path into management, to be a Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Invest early in a promising company, and get high return on your investment
We have invited well-known players to give a crash course on startups, with everything you need to know, such as:
- How to particulate in startups?
- Where to find like-minded entrepreneurs?
- What resources are available (incubators, mentors, co-working space, etc.)?
- How to evaluate a company when investing your time and money?- Where to find those companies?
- How shared are calculated when you invest X dollars?
- What are the legal issues you need to pay attentions to?
The event is free and open to public. Online registration is required. Space is limited, so please register early to reserve your seat(s). The registration link is: http://ciedfw-businessforum.eventbrite.com/
Saturday, October 26 from 1PM – 5PM
5024 Custer Road
Plano, TX 75023